Students are expected to conduct themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times and in all places. The wholehearted co-operation of the guardians is expected at all times in the formation of the character of their children. As the child progress from the lower to the upper classes, he/she will be given increasing opportunity to shift from conformity to externally imposed order to self-imposed discipline.
The school will insist on strict punctuality, regular school attendance, cleanliness in uniform, general grooming and fidelity to study and work assignments. Absence from school for mere social functions will be strongly discouraged.
1. Students should arrive at school 15 minutes before the School Assembly.
Soon after the Assembly bell, the school gates will be locked and the late comers will return home at the risk of the parents/ guardians. The school accepts no responsibility if a student is obliged to return home during school hours for noncompliance with this rule.
(A) No one who has been absent or late may be admitted to class without the Principal’s permission. The students who have been absent from the class must have reason for their absence noted in the Regularity/ Absence Records. Reasons of private nature may be intimated by letter. Birthdays, excursions, urgent business etc. are not sufficient reasons.
(B) No leave of absence is granted without a previous application in writing from the guardian.
(C) For marriage within the family only two day’s leave is granted, as a rule.
(D) All leave must be applied for in writing to Principal/Officiating Principal. NO STUDENT SHALL PROCEED ON LEAVE WITHOUT THE SANCTION AND PERMISSION, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LEAVE EXCEEDS TWO DAYS. The students who have been absent from the class must have the reason for their absence noted in the Regularity Record (Record of Absence). Unauthorized absentees are fined.
(E) If any unauthorized ABSENCE EXCEEDS TEN CALENDER DAYS, defaulter’s NAME WILL BE STRUCK OFF THE ROLLS and considered withdrawn.
2. St. Mary’s students should behave in a gentlemanly manner on their way to and from school. They are reminded that the school adjustment. The students have to come neatly and decently dressed in their school uniform which is as follows.
(i) In winter, students must wear School Sweaters.
(ii) Prescribed School bags are to be used by the students for bringing books to the class.
(iii) On Saturdays, the students shall wear House Jerseys.
(IV) Students of VI to X should have their maroon blazers with the school logo in winter.
3. Girls must braid their hair into two halves and tie them neatly.
4. On Wednesday and Saturday students must wear white uni -form with white shoe
5. A Student who is not properly dressed and groomed may be excluded from the class/ fined/ or sent back home.
6. Wearing of uniform in the school every day is compulsory for all under penalty of expulsion from class. Children should therefore, be provided with sufficient sets of uniform. Whenever students visit the school they shall be in school uniform.
7. Personal cleanliness is very essential. The fingernails should be trimmed and unpolished, hands MEHENDI FREE, and the shoes be polished daily. Wristwatch, bangles, hair pin, rings, ornaments, Jewellery, money etc. are not allowed in the school. If a hair band is used, it shall be white in colour.
8. Girl’s and boys to be admitted to Class-I should be of four years old in March.
9. Students must produce Proper Birth Certificates. A valid birth certificate from the Municipality/ Panchayat is to be submitted at the time of admission to Nursery. A new candidate is introduced personally to the principal by his/ her parents who will be responsible for his/ her conduct and fees.
9. Parents are asked to fill in the admission form with utmost accuracy. No subsequent changes will be permitted hereafter for any reason whatsoever/
10. A transfer certificate from the school last attended shall be presented at the time of admission (Std-UKG to VIII)
11. After taking admission in any class, if a pupil absents for 10 continuous days, the name will be struck off the rolls. Fees shall not be refunded to those who leave the school.
12. Trimester Examination is introduced i.e., First Trimester (Quarterly) Second Trimester (Half Yearly) Third Trimester ( Annual), besides regular Class Tests is taken. The Pass Mark is 35 %.
13. Promotion is given on the basis of one year’s work and not merely on Marks scored in the final examination. Every student must be present for all the major exams. The average of these is taken at the end of the year. Total aggregate of 35 % in each subject is a precondition for promotion. Class Work and Home Work are also assessed and awarded.
14. Each student is required to be present for 80 % of school days as a pre-condition for promotion.
15. There shall be neither re-test nor did re-exam for those miss the examination.
16. The results declared at the end of the year is final and cannot be reconsidered. In all questions of promotion or failure, the Principal’s decision is final.
17. Grades, not ranks are given to the children after each examination. No grade will be given if a child has failed or
absentee in any subject.
18. Anyone who resorts to unfair means in the examinations will be dismissed instantly.
(a) Grace Mark is granted only to those with impeccable character and pass in all subjects.
(b) The jurisdiction over the admission documents evaluated answer scripts and other works done by the students lie within the purview of the school and therefore an outside person or an authority has no jurisdiction to check, scrutinize or claim back the documents, answer scripts or any work done by the students. Answer scripts are retained in the school only for a month after publishing the results. Answer scripts of the annual examination is not shown to the parents/ students.
19. Before withdrawing a student from the school a month’s notice is to be given or a month’s fee in lieu of notice.
20. The school leaving certificate will not be issued unless requested in writing by parents and the dues are cleared.
21. Any pupil failing two years in succession in the same class or failing twice in three consecutive years will be struck off the rolls and transfer certificate will be issued.
22. The Principal reserves the right to dismiss a student whose attendance is irregular, who does not pay his/ her fees, who is habitually absent, lazy, dishonest or disobedient, who fails to make satisfactory progress in his/ her studies or whose conduct in any way is detrimental to the discipline of the institution; for immorality, insubordination or contempt or whose sickness is liable to be injurious to other students without prior notice the parents.
23. After taking admission in any class, if a pupil absents for 10 continuous days, the name will be struck off from the rolls.
24. Notwithstanding anything in the prospectus, the Principal may at his absolute discretion ask any parent at any time to take his ward out of the school. NO DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE WOULD BE ISSUED.
25. All fees must be paid by 10th of every month and may be paid bimonthly or in advance failing which a fine will be levied as per fee instructions. Parents have to clear all their wards fee dues up to march in January itself in every academic year.
26. Fees are collected in the School Office as per direction or bank regulations. Kindly see the instructions given on the Fee Book.
27. Parents will kindly save the fee receipts issued to them for counter-checking by the school office. Any Fees that are paid will not be refunded later.
28. The school reserves its right to revise the fees without prior notice.
29. The fee defaulters may be debarred from the examinations and are liable to have their names struck off from the rolls.
30. Privatise Conveyance facilities may be arranged by the school for those residing in the town area or little far but a seat in the bus is not guaranteed. The school buses ply through the main roads and halt at fixed places. The arrangement, therefore, must be made by the parents to bring the children to the bus stop and take them back home.
31. Even for the partial use of the Conveyance, Fees of 12 Months will be charged. Children not interested to continue and wants to withdraw the conveyance facility must write an application and intimate the office.
Parents and guardians are requested to co-operate with the school authorities in all matters concerning formation and education of their child. Parents are to look into the school diary every evening and see to it that the lessons and home works assigned for the next day are done. Remarks made in the diary by the Principal or the teachers should be seen and countersigned. Complaining while making your payment must be discouraged.
Criticism of Child’s teacher or his/her school in the presence of child should be avoided as it is likely to affect their good name.